Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Kanisa's knit-sew-along project

I love sew-alongs because they keep me motivated to start and complete a project. It also helps to know someone else is making a similar garment in case I run into problems. Looking forward to more Cut-Sew-Wear sew-alongs in the future. 

Here is what I did for my knit project.

I choose this pattern 
I chose to do a shorter version of view D

Because I had a limited amount of fabric that I bought from NY Elegant Fabrics from their fabulous clearance section

I ironed my pattern pieces with a low dry iron. 
Then ironed my fabric
Took a sip :)
Then cut my fabric using a rotary cutter (a much smarter option for knits)
I transferred the pattern markings
Then I took a lunch break and had to refresh my beverage.
And put on some mindless background noise. 
Dusted off my machine from the previous project. 
Put in a new jersey needle
Threaded the bobbin. 
And stitched away with my new walking foot that handled the knit perfectly. 
I used some heat-n-bond to strengthen the shoulder seams. 
And hem clips for a perfect hem. 
The final results turned out just 'ok'.The stretch of the knit runs vertically. It should be running horizontally for a more comfortable fit.  

Stay tuned for our next sew-along. We will be tackling coats/jackets for the fall.  

            Cut-Sew-Wear

1 comment:

  1. I went looking for these hem clips a couple days ago at Hancock Fabric in Gaithersburg and the woman had NO CLUE what I was talking about - she looked at me like I had 2 heads. I even explained them to here in FULL detail...where did you get yours? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete